- RSS Channel Showcase 2530570
- RSS Channel Showcase 4129416
- RSS Channel Showcase 5693878
- RSS Channel Showcase 4192183
Articles on this Page
- 07/29/12--21:26: _What Are You Listen...
- 12/19/17--10:13: _Nas vs Jay
- 12/17/17--21:28: _U Ever Met Someone ...
- 08/07/17--12:51: _Shameless - Season ...
- 12/18/17--14:07: _Happy 10th birthday...
- 12/19/17--13:05: _Conways GOAT Album ...
- 12/19/17--13:17: _‘Sicario 2’: Benici...
- 12/15/17--17:03: _First Rap album you...
- 05/19/17--07:55: _Bitcoin and Cryptoc...
- 04/17/16--06:24: _The IC Bad Spelling...
- 12/17/17--02:28: _7 cryptocurrencies ...
- 07/05/17--05:59: _The Official 2017/1...
- 12/31/16--22:08: _The Official 2017 D...
- 01/27/10--06:35: _ADHD! SHUT DA F*** ...
- 10/13/17--20:46: _Body bag thread
- 12/18/17--19:23: _RIP Lights Camera A...
- 06/25/13--09:41: _The IC Beatmaking/P...
- 09/18/17--17:05: _What Y'all Think Ab...
- 12/19/17--12:01: _Chicago PD Have Pai...
- 12/18/17--05:54: _What record label i...
- 07/29/12--21:26: What Are You Listening to Right Now
- 12/19/17--10:13: Nas vs Jay
- 12/17/17--21:28: U Ever Met Someone In A Dream?....
- 08/07/17--12:51: Shameless - Season 8 (Showtime)
- 12/18/17--14:07: Happy 10th birthday to Lupe Fiasco's The Cool
- 12/19/17--13:05: Conways GOAT Album drop this Thursday!
- 12/15/17--17:03: First Rap album you ever owned?
- 05/19/17--07:55: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Thread
- 04/17/16--06:24: The IC Bad Spelling Hall Of Shame
- 07/05/17--05:59: The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread
- 12/31/16--22:08: The Official 2017 Disrespectful Neeghas Thread
- 01/27/10--06:35: ADHD! SHUT DA F*** UUUUUUP!!!!
- 10/13/17--20:46: Body bag thread
- 12/18/17--19:23: RIP Lights Camera Action!
- 06/25/13--09:41: The IC Beatmaking/Producing Thread
- 09/18/17--17:05: What Y'all Think About an IC room on KiK?
- 12/18/17--05:54: What record label is on your Mt. Rushmore of Hip Hop
Well what are you guys listening to these days ??
This is what I currently got on repeat:
Last one before the site shuts down who you got?
And then u wake up like " who tf was that?"
Like a good friend or a s/o other
And you've never actually seen this person in real life but in the dream it made sense?
(and happy fifth birthday to my daughter)
Post your favorite joints
Xmas comes early! This Thurs we present you... G.O.A.T. Grimiest Of All Time!!! The hardest beats and the illest lyrics i promise you!! Not the other fake shit, the REAL G.O.A.T!!! Swipe left for tracklist!
I messed with bootlegs and recording shit onto cassette tape at the start but this is the first album I ever got from the shops.
What was yours? this shit will show peoples ages.
Last week @konceptjones asked me about trying to flip 30 dollars worth of bitcoin into a few hundred, so I thought it would be good to get more people into trading bitcoin. It's unconventional, and I had a lot of doubts about it, but since starting in January I have made good money.
This is what I started with. Now this is what I have today.
The second photo is the important one for this first post. You can see that my current portfolio is actually made up of virtual currencies that are not bitcoin, even though the value is given at the top in bitcoin and US dollars. The trick to really making this money is trading your bitcoin for the other currencies, then trading back when bitcoin experiences price drops. Right now it's at an all time high, and is primed to reach $2,000.00 USD. If it hits there it seems likely that there will be retrace in that time. Right now a good chunk of my portfolio is made up of something called GNT (Golem Network Token). It's technically not a currency, but actually a token that users can exchange in order to access the Golem Network. The golem network is a super computer, made up of a network of computers, that users can use to help them perform demanding tasks. For example, doing computer generated graphics requires a lot of computer power and can take a long time. To make it faster, someone could use their GNT to access the network and do the work in much less time. Currently, the tech is still in Alpha, but if you have some bitcoin to spare I would suggest grabbing some now since the price is still quite low.
That's it for my first post. I'll do a second post later to cover how to sell your bitcoins, and another one on when to sell to get the most money.
Good luck trading
From now on, feel free to post every hilarious/stupid/shameful spelling mistake made in Reason threads in here
I'm proud to headline the #HOS '16 class
The way he performs makes him look seriously retarted
This one is classic:
That song is rly good but it really get me when his sons call his father "Schitzo" on the track.. Lmao I changed song emediltly. Wtf?
I'm not even mad at this one cause it does sound like a word. But it isnt
What's even more halirious is the story behind when he tried to come to San Fran woofing that shit and barely made it up outta there.
Mixing up "rapping" with "raping" is a repeat offense on the Reason. Shockingly this doesnt only happen in 5Grand posts on some rap or get raped shit
How u raping on ye's joint...and say shit dumb shit like....I'm doing something in atlanta....
Is he playing on this or is he actually like raping for real?
One of the best hip hop tracks ever made, Nas was raping like no other and Premo made one of his greatest beats, a true masterpiece.
We gotta do better
A massive bubble? A passing fad? A scam?
Whatever the cynics out there want to call bitcoin, its BTCUSD, +1.61% insane rally continues to befuddle the haters and enrich the crypto faithful.
Fear of missing out can have a powerful — and dangerous — influence on financial decisions. It’s playing out in a big way right now as many of those who’ve missed out on the digital currency craze kick themselves and frantically search for the next bitcoin — or something even better.
But does that even exist and is it worth the risk to invest?
While he’s still extremely bullish on what lies ahead for bitcoin, George Tung, co-founder of Cryptos R Us and a veteran of investing in cryptocurrencies, says there’s still plenty of upside opportunity in lesser-known coins.
“Will we see another coin with a market cap exceeding bitcoin?” he said. “Yes, I believe that is definitely possible within the next three to five years.”
Hitesh Malviya, the crypto consultant behind ItsBlockchain.com, says that bitcoin is obviously the place to be during bullish explosions like the one we’re seeing right now, but, in the long run, the big gains in cryptos lie elsewhere.
“The alts industry is new and it will take at least a few years to become mainstream,” he said, adding “we can see 10x gains — like bitcoin this year, in many alt-coins.”
But with more than 1,300 alt-coins — basically any digital currency that isn’t bitcoin — to choose from, it’s no easy task uncovering potential winners. Tung uses a four-part screener to determine which alt-coins may be worth a flyer.
1. Study the team behind it. “Where do they come from? Have they been involved with other cryptos before? Are they backed by anyone, and what kind of experience do they bring? The alt-coins that have done the best and have the highest market caps have the most proven teams.”
2. Take a look at the why. “How useful is this? Are they trying to solve a problem that doesn’t need solving? Some alt-coins coming out are simply ridiculous.”
3. Determine where they are in the process. “I look at the road map of the alt-coin and see how far along are they. Do they have a test-net or a beta? Are there new features being released? Are there soft or hard forks coming up?”
4. Assess the valuation. “Since alt-coins get pumped and dumped a lot, I look at the current market evaluation and see if they are priced right. A lot of alt-coins are priced way too high and I tend to stay away from them.”
With that in mind, here’s an overview of seven cryptocurrencies that analysts have said may be worth watching in 2018. Like bitcoin, all cryptocurrencies are subject to extreme volatility and risk -- so if you intend to invest, it’s well worth doing your due diligence and reading up more on each one.
Market cap: $17.78 billion
Performance in 2017, as of Dec. 11: +4,800%
Who created it? Former Google GOOGL, +1.37% employee (and now notable star in the crypto universe) Charlie Lee
The skinny: Litecoin has been described as the silver to bitcoin’s gold.
Created by Lee back in 2011, it’s billed as an alternative to bitcoin. Without getting too wonky, Lee essentially aimed to cut the amount of time required to confirm new transactions and tweak the way bitcoin was being mined to ensure anybody could participate. “My vision is people would use Litecoin every day to buy things. It would just be the payment method of choice,” Lee once said.
Litecoin is also designed to produce more coins -- it has an 84 million coin limit, versus bitcoin’s 21 million. About 54 million coins are currently in circulation, versus bitcoin’s current 16.7 million circulating supply.
Market cap: $4.84 billion
Performance in 2017: +1,930%
Who created it? Much like bitcoin, Monero’s creator is anonymous.
The skinny: The appeal of Monero? Anonymity. With Monero, the details of every transaction, including sender, receiver and size, are recorded on a public ledger, but are obfuscated to reportedly make them untraceable. Use Monero, and, in theory, there’s no way for anyone else to connect the dots between the sender, receiver or size of the transaction.
Sound like an appealing coin to cybercriminals? It is. The hackers behind the global ransomware incident WannaCry, which infected 230,000 computers running Microsoft Windows, demanded payments in Monero.
That said, there are many more cases recorded of hackers demanding bitcoin, and Monero’s backers say the coin’s biggest use cases aren’t illicit. It would appeal, they say, to corporations who want to move money around without competitors knowing, or to anyone who simply doesn’t want their balance and transactions made public, such as someone doing business in a foreign country who doesn’t want to become a target.
Monero recently said 45 musicians, including Lana Del Ray, Sia and Dolly Parton, will be accepting Monero. Many will even offer discounts to those who pay with it.
There are about 15.5 million XMR in circulation, and, unlike bitcoin and Litecoin, Monero doesn’t have a fixed coin supply.
You know what it is, make it better than the last
GO FUCK UR MOTHER BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i got songs 2 sing & dances 2 dance
i got a life outside of allhiphop, ya know?
i need 2 go back to my internet dating portfolio
im goin 2 be making cheap azz movies with expensive ideaz
fuck ya life, mothafuckaz!
Imma miss this section the most
We all know the IC Talent subforums are dead so I felt it would be a good idea to have a thread on producing in the Reason. I know there's a few out there that produce or rappers looking for production so in this thread we can network, discuss, share tips etc.
Here's a good facebook group for finding samples:
anyone can join it^
And to kick things off, what are your top 10 producers and why?
So KiK changed their format to an AOL chat room type vibe. You can create rooms and also search for rooms based on your particular interests.
Would you frequent an IC chat room if one were created?
KiK is a mobIle only app, and you have to create an account.
The city of Chicago has agreed to pay $20 million to settle a code-of-silence lawsuit brought by the families of two young men killed in a fiery drunken driving crash caused by an off-duty police detective, sources told the Chicago Tribune.
The agreement to pay $10 million each to relatives of Andrew Cazares and Fausto Manzera was reached in dramatic fashion earlier this month after it was revealed that key documents involving an alcohol-fueled bar fight in detective Joseph Frugoli’s past had been improperly withheld.
The amount of the agreement was not made public, but sources have since confirmed the figure to the Tribune. The settlement must still be green-lighted by the city’s Finance Committee before going to the full City Council for a vote. That could happen as soon as next month.
If approved, it would mark yet another massive payout for the city in a police misconduct suit. In the past two months alone, nearly $100 million in judgments have been assessed against the city for police-related cases, including a record $44.7 million jury verdict in October for a man who was shot by his childhood friend, Officer Patrick Kelly, in an off-duty incident. Earlier this month, the City Council approved a $31 million payout for the “Englewood Four,” who each spent some 15 years in prison for a 1994 rape and murder before DNA linked the crime to a convicted killer.
I just did something quick...this isnt indicative of my Mt. Rushmore, but just did it for illustrations purposes.